Showing posts tagged with: Quarterly Update - June 2018
- Four of the largest traded technology stocks on the market accounted for 86% of the overall market return this year
- Amazon has contributed nearly 36% of the S&P 500’s total return this year (Amazon is up 45% YTD)
- The concentrated effect is reminiscent of the peak of the tech bubble of 2000, with difference being today’s leaders are profitable
- Strong U.S. economic indicators and strong 1st quarter earnings pushed U.S. equities higher
- Economic news overseas was not as positive with heightened uncertainty in Southern Europe over populist elections
- Technology remains a strong driver of performance across most markets, especially the U.S.